Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide contact at every level in the B2B sales process, working closely with new and existing clients. A core responsibility will include sales order processing and dealing with incoming enquiries, including producing quotations, product specification and assisting with general customer support.
The full-time role is an internal position based at our offices in Newbury, Berkshire. We support career progression and for the right candidate, there will be opportunities for sales development and movement into a field-based sales role with account management responsibilities.
We are looking for a professional, motivated, forward-thinking applicant to fit within and complement our small, friendly team. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written skills, as well as the ability to work accurately under pressure and multi-task. A polite and professional telephone manner is crucial.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role or at least an office environment. We are searching for someone looking for a new challenge with the desire to better themselves, learn new skills and help develop the business. The post requires someone who is comfortable with the sales process, has good numeracy and literacy skills and is an excellent communicator.
- Sales order processing.
- Answering incoming sales calls, dealing with a variety of sales enquiries.
- Inputting incoming sales orders using Sage Line 50.
- Initiate regular contact with customers (discuss our marketing campaigns, new product information, pricing structures, general industry news, ensure customers are aware of ongoing sales initiatives and promotions.)
- Understand our pricing structure and discount policies based on account information.
- Take responsibility for regular sales research using the web to find new customers to target following direction from the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Pro-actively follow up sales leads / quotations to new or existing customers.
- Establish excellent relationships with all customers to maximise ongoing business opportunities.
- Follow up on all post-installation orders to capture detailed feedback on delivery, quality of products and overall installation.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be required to pick and dispatch daily sales orders within a busy warehouse environment. The full-time role is based in Newbury, Berkshire and working within a small team. Your core responsibility is to fulfil sales orders for next day delivery, picking from a wide range of access automation products from many UK and International brands. You will get to learn our products and understand our warehouse locations in order to focus on maintaining the highest level of accuracy in relation to goods dispatched. You will also be required to accept incoming goods and work within standard stock control and product based warehousing requirements.
We are looking for a motivated and diligent Warehouse Operative to join the dispatch team. The successful applicant should have a teamwork mindset and a get-go attitude. The right candidate should be able and willing to ensure the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse materials, goods and products to feed
business operations and customer demand. The ideal candidate will also comply with health and safety regulations, as well as having awareness and sound judgement about the surrounding work environment. Prior experience with dispatch couriers is desirable, as well as a forklift licence.
•Picking and packing
•Booking parcels onto carrier dispatch systems
•Goods in and goods out
•Vehicle loading and unloading
•General housekeeping duties
•Stock movement and rotation
•Making up bespoke-to-order safety edge products
Warehouse and Stores Apprentice required. You will join our warehouse team learning all aspects of the warehouse. Supporting the warehouse team, you will be picking and packing orders as required, assisting with unloading and checking deliveries, along with stock checks. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate looking to progress and build a career.
Duties will include –
- Goods in/goods out
- Picking and packing orders as required
- Unloading and checking deliveries that arrive
- Stock checks
- Forlift (training given)
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- A flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The opportunity to progress and stay on.